Sunday, May 27, 2007

Older Gamer Different Gamer?

Lately I've been playing plenty of Puzzle Quest on my daughter's Nintendo DS. Playing is putting it lightly, more like obsessed! The I won't go into the specifics of the game, you can just follow the link, but suffice to say it's a little Bejeweled, a little RPG and a lot of addictive gameplay.

Spending so much time playing Puzzle Quest really got me thinking about my changing gaming habits. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, without the time to invest in the hobby like I did in the past. I listen to loads of podcasts and read tons of reviews but lately find myself having to be satisfied by that. I buy plenty of games, but rarely finish any of them. The last game I finished was Half-Life 2 and before that Deus Ex. Everything else I have to play in short doses, which makes portable gaming so intriguing to me.

So now I'm at a crossroads so to speak. In my house there's a PS2, 2 DS's a PC and a couple of notebooks. I have been wanting an Xbox 360 for sometime now, but I really don't know if I'll get maximum use out of it. I've looked hard at the PSP but don't want to buy it with the rumors of a console refresh flying about. Decisions Decisions....

No comments: